IMPORTANT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Kindergarten Student Enrollment ONLY
All incoming kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year the child begins kindergarten. This is a State of Texas law and there are no exceptions to this law.
New K-5 Student Enrollment
All documents on the checklist and proofs of residency are required for new student registrations in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. All original documents will be photocopied and returned at the time of registration.
Enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis with all completed registration information. HISD does not allow schools to hold spaces for new incoming students. All incomplete forms will not be processed,; you must have everything with you on the day of registration. See the school registrar, Edith Barron,for questions concerning enrollment.
ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST- Bring All Items with You
- Original Birth Certificate for students born in the United States or Passport if born in another country
- Student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st
Immunization - child must be up to date
- Two polio + booster after the age of 4
- Three DPT + booster after the age of 4
- Two MMR after the age of one (at least one month apart)
- Hepatitis B - three doses
- Varicella -two doses after the age of 1 year or history of illness
- Hepatitis A - two doses after the age of 1year
- Child’s Social Security Card (original, we will make a copy) HISD will assign another 9 digit number if we are not provided your original social security card.
Additional Requirements for students enrolling in 1st through 5th grades:
- Students enrolling in first through fifth grade need last report card, and standardized testing or withdrawal sheet from previous school. Provide address and phone number of previous school.
- Parents/Guardian Driver Licenses with zoned address (we will make a copy). Parents relocating to the United States will use their passport until a driver’s license is obtained.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY- You will need 3 of the Following Items
a. Most current Electric bill showing residential service with name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead.
b. Most current Gas bill showing residential service with name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead
c. Most current Water bill showing residential service with name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead
d. Harris County Appraisal District statement showing Homestead Exemption for current year or Warranty Deed if you recently purchased your home. If you are purchasing a home in the school zone bring a signed contract with a closing date within thirty days. Final closing documents must be submitted to the school and you must be living in the resident before the school year begins.
e. Lease Agreement (if applicable). If you are currently leasing a home or apartment the lease must list all occupants living in the home including all children, bring entire lease agreement. All lease agreements will be verified with the landlord. Also a receipt showing current month's rent has been paid or back and front copy of your cancelled check from your financial institution