Online enrollment for students new to HISD, current HISD students enrolling at a different campus, or past HISD students returning to the district begins Aug. 17. More information here 


    Who Needs to Register:

    • Students who attended an HISD school in 2019-2020 but recently moved to Rucker zone. Visit https://www.houstonisd.org/_findaschool enter your home address (e.g. 123 Main Street) in the first search field, and click “Search.” The campuses (one elementary, one middle, and one high school) that appear in the results field below are the schools children living at your residence are zoned to attend.
    • Students who attended campus in any other school district for the 2019-2020 school year and now live in the Rucker school zone.
    • Students who may have attended private school last year but are now returning are zone to Rucker.
    • Students who are not zoned to Rucker but want to apply for a transfer.

      Students who do NOT need to register 

    • Students who have been accepted and have reserved their seat and turned in all documentation already.
    • Students who have been accepted through the transfer process who have reserved their seat and turned in all necessary documentation.
    • K thru 4th grader students who attended Rucker last school year.

     What documents do I need to register?

    Below is a list of all the documentation you will need.

    To create digital copies of your documents, you will need a scanner or a smart phone with a camera.

    It is preferred to save your files in PDF format. JPEG format will be accepted.

    Please save the documents as: ( document name)_(students full name) 



    Enrollment Packet



    Student's Birth Certificate/Passport



    Student's Social Security Card



    Parent/Guardian Identification

    Valid Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport, or State ID




    Prove of Residency

          -Utility Bill


    * Living with someone? You will need to provide these additional items:

          -Bill of person you are living with

          - A letter from person whose bill is under with signature and phone number (letter can be handwritten)

          -ID of person who wrote the letter and whose bill is under

          -In addition, please provide any mail addressed to you with the address



    Withdrawal paperwork (enrolling after the start of the school year)

    If Applicable


    Report card

    If Applicable


    Immunization Records

    Students cannot enroll or attend school if their immunizations are not up to date. Click here for 2020-2021 Texas Requirements



    Other school records; ARD, 504, or LEP paperwork



    Medical records: allergies, diagnosis, current medical conditions.



    If you have any further questions, please call 713-845-7467 or email Mrs. Ruiz LRUIZ2@houstonisd.org