Addressing the Board at Board Meetings
The Board of Education welcomes members of the community to speak on subjects related to the school district. Community members can address the board in one of two ways:
- Speakers to Agenda Items - During any board meeting, people may speak about items on the agenda for that meeting.
- Hearing of the Community - During the regular monthly board meeting, people may speak about a district-related subject not covered by an item on the meeting agenda.
Please be advised that these are in-person meetings. Based on current guidance concerning large gatherings and social distancing during the COVID-19 public health emergency, the district will limit access to its board auditorium to allow for appropriate social distancing. Entry will be permitted on a first-come basis. Doors will open to the public 15 minutes before a scheduled public meeting.
- TIME LIMIT: Per board policy BED(LOCAL), speakers to agenda items are limited to up to two minutes, regardless of the number of items for which they have registered.
- The Board President may reduce speakers' time limit to one minute if there is a large number of registered speakers.
- Stay on topic and refrain from naming individuals, especially students, as their identity is protected under law.
- No abusive statements or threats of confrontation are permitted.
How to Register to Speak/Provide Comments
People must register in advance to speak at Board of Education meetings. Registration opens 72 hours before the meeting start time.
- To comment on a specific agenda item, please complete this online form (complete the online form in Spanish).
- To provide a comment during the Hearing of the Community, please register on line here (form in Spanish).
- ALL handouts must be emailed at the time of registration.