Dropout Prevention / Recovery
Our District Duties: Dropout Prevention and Recovery Team:
- Collaborate with schools to identify students at risk of failure due to academic, social or behavioral issues, and provide assistance to prevent students from dropping out of school
- Provide support to assigned campuses via continuous analysis of a three-tier approach to address chronic absenteeism and dropout prevention
- Educate campus staff on the TEA Accountability System and the critical domains necessary regarding graduation and yearly dropout rates
- Train campus staff on the leaver process in order to identify students who are at risk of not graduating with their cohorts.
- Early identification of students at-risk of dropping out of school through campus-based Graduation Support Meetings