Summer Fun Activities
“Oceans of Possibilities”- Houston Public Library
- Read for 20 minutes and enter for a chance at prize drawings
- Registration begins June 1
- Challenge dates: June 1 - August 15
- Registration: Students or their parents sign up for a free account at https://houstonlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Website: www.houstonlibrary.org/fun
Each twenty-minute reading increment earns one entry into drawings for free books, STEM kits, and swag. Students can read hardbacks, paperbacks, and eBooks.
HPL's summer reading events program also includes camps, STEM classes, traveling petting zoo, crafting, the Jolly Trolley, and much more. Check out the HPL Event Calendar for more information.
- myON Summer Reading Challenge – myON Digital Library
- Read 1,000+ minutes in myON
- Challenge dates: June 15 - August 15
- No registration required
Access myON http://houstonisd.org/DigitalResources
The top reader for divisions PK-1, Grade 2-3 and Grade 4-5 will receive a Kindle Fire 7 tablet. Challenge students to read 1,000 minutes or more using myON, the district’s personalized digital library platform with more than 7,000 enhanced digital books available. Each student who reaches 1,000 minutes or more between June 15 and August 15 will receive a Super Star Reader medal. Download flyers, printables, web badges, and more from the myON Summer Reading Toolkit. English and Spanish versions are included.
For questions or more information, contact Gary Chaffee, Library Services Manager, email@example.com or contact LibraryServices@houstonisd.org.