2019-2020 Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
School Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
No entry into the building between 2:30 p.m.- 2:50 p.m.
Gentle Reminder: No parking on Harvard Street from 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Information below is listed for you to determine the best arrival and dismissal plan for your child. Please inform the classroom teacher regarding any change to your dismissal plan.
There is NO ENTRY into the school office between 2:30 p.m.- 2:50 p.m. If your child has an appointment, please make arrangements to pick up your child before 2:30 p.m.
During the first 3 days of school, parents may walk students to class. Teachers will greet students as they enter the classroom. We kindly ask parents to be mindful of this time teachers have with students. Please be aware this is not a time for a parent conference.
After August 28, 2019, all students are expected to walk to their assigned area without parents. Every parent must report to the main office to obtain a visitor badge in order to remain on campus. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- School doors open at 7:05 a.m.
- Car Drop off locations and entry into the building are located on 8th Street and Harvard Street.
- 9th Street is not a student drop-off zone. 9th Street is a designated HISD Transportation Hub.
- PreK and Kindergarten students report to the cafeteria.
- 1st-5th grade students arriving to school prior to 7:30 AM wait in the hallway next to their assigned classroom.
- Students are tardy at 7:35 a.m. Students must report to the office for a tardy slip.
A Harvard map for the arrival procedure can be found here.
- Pre-K walkers are dismissed from the classroom exit doors.
- Kindergarten walkers are dismissed from the classroom exit doors.
- 1st and 2nd grade walkers are dismissed from the pavilion located on 8th Street.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade walkers are dismissed from Harvard park.
- Rainy day dismissal for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade walkers changes from Harvard park to the cafeteria.
- 5th grade students may walk home independently. A signed consent is required.
- 1st and 2nd grade car-riders are dismissed from the pavilion located on 8th Street. The line begins on the corner of Cortland Street and Harvard Street. During dismissal, 8th Street becomes one-way.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade car-riders are dismissed at the gate located next to the Outdoor Classroom after all buses pick up magnet students. The line begins on the corner of 8th Street and Harvard Street. During dismissal, Harvard Street becomes One-Way.
A Harvard map for the dismissal procedure can be found here.
The eldest sibling will join the youngest sibling to be dismissed together from one location. The parent will pick up siblings from the youngest sibling location.
Thank you for your cooperation in following our arrival and dismissal procedures. We look forward to a SAFE school year for all Harvard students and families!