Return to Headlines
8th Grade Parents
Parents of 8th Graders
8th Grade Parents
Please mark your calendar and save these dates.
Wednesday, May 29th Promotion Ceremony – Butler Stadium, 12:30 - 2:30pm
- Students are expected to arrive on campus at the regular time to begin the school day. Students need to be dressed in the outfit they will be wearing for the promotion ceremony.
- Students may wear a nice outfit of their choice.
- Boys should wear pants, may wear a dress shirt, and choose to wear jackets and/or ties.
- Girls may wear a dress, a skirt and blouse, or a nice pants outfit. The hem of any dress or skirt should be no more than two inches above the knee. A sleeveless top must have shoulders at least a full inch wide at the narrowest point. Please no strapless dresses, see-through material, or exposed stomachs or backs.
- Choose comfortable shoes as you will be standing in line for a long period of time on a cement floor at the promotion ceremony.
- Students will be bused to Butler stadium from school. Any personal item brought to school, the student will have to take with them to Butler and carry with them into the stadium during the ceremony.
- Students will enjoy a brunch at school prior to loading the buses that will take them to Butler stadium.
- Parents need to arrive at Butler stadium with ample time to park and find seating.
- Butler stadium fills up, so we recommend you arrive early if you have a seat preference.
- Students leave with parents after Promotion. Please contact Ms. Bowman if your child will need transportation back to campus.
Wednesday, May 29th Promotion Party - POMS Cafeteria 6:30-8:30pm
- There will be a safe check-in station in the library for all students to check all of their personal belongings including purses and phones.
Thursday, May 30th - All Day - Class Trip - Schliltterbahn Galveston (see the POMS homepage for a link to a full description)
Friday, May 31st - 8th Grade Yearbook Signing Party - MPR 9:30 am
- Students will arrive to school at the regular time and will clean out lockers from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM.
- At 9:30 AM students will be directed to the MPR where they will sign yearbooks, enjoy light refreshments and have an opportunity to say goodbye to classmates, teachers and staff. Parents are welcome to attend and be part of this event.