- Launch HISD TEAMS
- COVID- 19 Updates
- Financial Aid
Department Events & Highlights
- Apollo Alumni
- FAFSA/TASFA Still A Priority
- HCC Logistics Expo Day
- HCC Southeast
- HCC STEM
- HISD Students Visit Huston-Tillotson University
- IGNITE Scholars Visit with University of Houston
- Impact of Student Advising
- January 30th College Readiness Institute
- Marvy Finger Scholarship Workshop
- October College Month Highlights
- PVAMU/Blinn STEAM Grant Trip
- Ready To Work
- UNCF STEM Scholarship Workshop
- Celebrating Graduating Seniors
- #College4U Virtual College Fair
- Khan Academy
- Contact Us
- Overview - FAFSA
- Student Resources
Launch ORBIT (Alumni)
Transition Program Components
· (x) % of student will participate in a summer bridge program [university, community partner, or internal HISD program).
· (x) % of students who enrolled the semester after graduation are still enrolled.
· (x) % shifted from a previous mindsets and college attitudes due to internal programming.
Launch Freshman Year Support
· (%) increase in students with a 2.5 GPA.
· (%) increase yield at local and regional university (where advisors are stationed).
· (%) increase in students who have completed preliminary enrollment tasks prior to graduation
Launch Summer Melt
Bridge and First-Generation Programs
· (%) increase in Year 1 to Year 2 persistence at community colleges and universities to which advisors are assigned.
· (%) increase in alumni who are engaged with an advisor once per semester.
· (%) increase in alumni who are engaged in an on-campus student support program.
Launch HISD incorporates four key initiatives to facilitate the above program components:
- Launch Transition Support
- Launch Freshman Year Support
- Launch Summer Melt
- Bridge and First-Generation Programs
Contact information: Michael Koch
Senior Manager, College Readiness