Lanier's Got (IB) Talent!
Lanier’s Got (IB) Talent!
We’re having a talent show! In fact, we’re having 7 talent shows! All virtual of course. And Lanier teachers will be the judges! Put on those thinking caps and show the judges your creativity as you express your talent through the lens of the IB Learner Profile. Simply make a video of yourself using your immense talent and creativity to exhibit an attribute of the learner profile.
What might this look like?
- A student might create and perform an interpretive dance that expresses the attribute of
- A student who loves to sing might write and sing a song expressing the attribute of caring or sing a published song.
- A student who loves to cook might prepare a meal expressing the attribute of risk-taker
What are the rules?
- The Talent Show is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
- Videos can be no longer than 1 minute, and no shorter than 30 seconds
- All videos submitted will be vetted. Videos must be aligned to an IB Learner Profile attribute. Those with no substantive connection will not be entered into the talent show
- There cannot be any inappropriate content, and all content must be original
- Student submitting the video must be in the video
- Students may submit more than one video, but only one video per IB learner Profile Attribute
- Videos for the week of May 19th – May 22nd are due on Monday, May 18th, at 4:00 PM
- Videos for the week of May 25th – May 29th are due on Friday, May 22nd
- When you email your video in, put the IB Learner Profile attribute in the subject line of the email
- Videos should be emailed to Ms. Rhymes at Kathleen.Rhymes@houstonisd.org.
What are the dates of the 7 IB Talent Shows, and which Learner Profile attributes go on which dates?