PSAT for 8th Graders
Attention 8th graders!
The PSAT 8/9 is a test that will help you figure out what you need to work on most so that you are ready for college when you graduate from high school. It tests the same skills and knowledge as the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, and PSAT 10. The PSAT 8/9 test is optional for all students in either Grade 8 and/or Grade 9. Please note that Lanier Middle School will ensure all safety standards as directed in the HISD Communicable Disease Plan.
Dates by Cluster:
November 9th- Cluster L
November 10th- Cluster M
November 11th- Cluster S
*You can only test on your assigned cluster date. No exceptions due to spacing. Also, if you did not fill in the opt in form, you will not be allowed to test.
*8:40 AM is the cut off time for late arrivals. No exceptions.
*Please coordinate your own transportation and ensure your ride is at the front of the school to pick you up by 11:45 PM.
*You only need to bring yourself. We will provide all materials. You cannot use your own.
*You may bring a bottle of water
The schedule of PSAT test dates will be as follows:
- 7:45 AM- 8:30 AM- Check in via the Red paw entrance on Harold. You must get your temperature checked and then make your way to the cafeteria. Once there, you will receive your assigned seat number. Receive your materials and take your assigned seat.
- 8:30 AM- 9 AM- Pre administration activities while some students make their way to the Library. Get students into rooms and seated. Begin reading script.
- 8:40 AM- Cut off for late arrivals
- 9 AM- 9:55 AM- Reading Test
- 9:55 AM- 10 AM- BREAK
- 10 AM- 10:30 AM- Writing Test
- 10:30 AM- 10:50 AM- Math Test (No Calc)
- 10:50 AM- 10:55 AM-BREAK
- 10:55 AM- 11:35 AM- Math Test (Calc)
- 11:35- 11:40 AM- Pick up materials
- 11:40 AM- Virtual students will be dismissed to the front of the school to wait on their ride while F2F students will be going to C lunch in the patios if they usually have A/B or their normal destination if they have C lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Cordova at email@example.com