Federal and State Compliance
- Who is my FSC Contact?
- Discipline Reporting
- Forms & Documents
- Grading and Report Cards
- HISD School Guidelines & Manuals
- Leaver Reporting
- TSDS UID and TREx
- Time to Talk Parent Videos
- Frequently Asked Questions
PEIMS Timelines and Information
What is PEIMS?
The Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) encompasses all data requested and received by TEA about public education, including student demographic and academic performance, personnel, financial, and organizational information.
The submission of Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data is required of all school districts. The Data Standards provide instructions on the submission of PEIMS data by school districts to the Texas Education Agency. PEIMS data files are submitted four times each school year following a schedule established by the PEIMS Data Standards.
PEIMS data reporting requirements:
- Provide descriptions of data elements and the codes used to report them;
- Describe the responsibilities of school districts, education service centers, and the Texas Education Agency in connection with the data submission process; and
- Provide descriptions of the data submission requirements, including submission record layout specifications and data edit specifications.
Collection schedules notify districts and ESCs of submission deadlines.
How Is PEIMS Data Used?
Data collected through PEIMS is used by several TEA programs to create reports, including the following:
- TEA Standard Reports
- Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR)
- Accountability System
- Pocket Edition
What Are Texas Education Data Standards?
Texas Education Data Standards (TEDS) are XML-based standards for Texas Student Data System (TSDS) and TSDS PEIMS data collections. TEDS includes all data elements, code tables, business rules, and data validations needed to load local education agency (LEA—Texas school district or charter school) education data.