School Year 2020-2021 Announcements
SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
LEARNING SELECTION FOR NEXT SIX WEEKS NOW OPEN!
You may select in-person or virtual learning for the second six weeks. The selection period will be from Monday, Sept. 21-Friday, Sept. 25.
HISD CONNECT Parent Portal Sign In - Go to "FORMS" and the "Student Committment" to make your selection.
Every week, we will post updates on our MWE Weekly Updates site. Please visit weekly for important information, upcoming events, and a weekly video message from Mrs. Hernandez.
What is the plan for the 2020-2021 school year?
All students will begin the 2020-2021 school year virtually on September 8, 2020. Virtual instruction for all students will continue for six weeks through Friday, October 16, 2020. On Monday, October 19, 2020, face-to-face instruction for all students will begin. However, this date is subject to change based on COVID-19 conditions across the city of Houston and recommendations from local, state, and federal health officials.
- September 8, 2020: First day of school (Virtual only)
- October 19, 2020: Face-to-face instruction begins*
- September 8 – January 29: First semester of remote learning for students/parents who choose online-only instruction. *Parents will have the option to choose remote instruction for the fall semester (through January 29) or the entire school year (through June 11).
Starting on August 24, parents will receive a phone call from the district, asking them to indicate their choice for the 2020-2021 school year. Parents will be asked to select one of the following options:
- Option 1: On-Campus Learning
- Option 2: Virtual Learning
After each six-week grading period, parents may change their selection.
For further questions please see the information in the link below.
Reconnect Safely Return Strong-ENGLISH
Reconnect Safely Return Strong-SPANISH
We are currently registering students for the 2020-2021 school year. Please contact Ana Narvaez at Ana.Narvaez@houstonisd.org for registration information.
Additional information can be found at:
Please see below for the 2020-2021 school supplies: