Houston ISD Re-Opening Plan
HISD re-opening plan for the 2020 - 2021 school year. See highlights from our Superintendent’s communication:
• All students will start the school year VIRTUALLY on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
• Virtual instruction for all students will continue for six weeks through Friday, October 16.
• On Monday, October 19, 2020, face-to-face instruction for students will begin. This date is subject to change based on COVID-19 conditions across the city of Houston and recommendations from local, state, and federal health officials.
• There will also be an option for parents to opt-out of face-to-face instruction for a portion of the year – or for the entire school year.
What are next steps for Parker Elementary administration, faculty and staff?
- Parker Elementary is reviewing feedback from our Spring 2020 virtual learning experience, to enhance our learning platform for Fall 2020. Thank you to all faculty, staff and community members for responding to our survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
- A building re-entry plan is being developed with our students, faculty and staff in mind, once permitted to safely transition back to campus.
Updates will be shared periodically to ensure our community is well informed on all programs and plans for the new school year. We also encourage families to visit www.houstonisd.org/reopening for more information on the 2020-21 school year and protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of students, families and staff.