What do I do to excuse an absence/tardy?
Students who have been absent or tardy must present a written excuse from the parents or guardian when they return to school. Excuses for absences and tardies are:
- personal illness
- sickness or death in the family
- weather or road conditions making travel dangerous
- participation in school activities with permission of the principal
- juvenile court proceeding documented by a probation officer
- approved college visitation
- or "any other cause acceptable to teacher, principal, or superintendent"
Written excuses should be in the school's possession no later than three school days after the date of the absence or tardy. The three-day period begins with the day the student returns to school.
VIEW ALL Q&As.