What if I don’t want to enroll in HISD coverage?

Posted by:

If you buy coverage on your own and not through HISD, keep in mind there is no HISD contribution to your monthly premiums. This means you may have to pay the full cost of coverage if you buy it elsewhere. Depending on your situation, you may be able to obtain coverage through a government program such as Medicaid or CHIP (for your children). Check eligibility requirements with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission at hhs.state.tx.us or by calling 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905.