What disabilities are not covered under my plan?
Your plan doesn’t cover any disabilities caused by, contributed to by, or resulting from your:
- Intentionally self-inflicted injuries
- Active participation in a riot
- Loss of a professional license, occupational license or certification
- Attempt to commit or commission of a crime
- Commission of a crime for which you’ve been convicted
- Pre-existing condition
- Disability due to war, declared or undeclared, or any act of war
Unum does not pay a benefit for any period of disability during which you’re incarcerated.