What kind of documentation do I need?
For a child, one of these documents verifies eligibility:
• Adoption certificate
• Adoption placement agreement
• Birth certificate with parents' name listed
• Documentation of legal custody
• Documentation of legal guardianship
• Hospital birth record (within 90 days of birth)
• Qualified medical child support order
For a spouse, one of these documents verifies eligibility:
• Declaration of informal marriage
• Marriage certificate
If your dependent is a stepchild, you must also provide a copy of a marriage certificate to substantiate the child’s relationship to the employee or spouse.