How are vision benefits paid?
If you choose an in-network provider:
1. Make an appointment with a network provider.
2. Identify yourself as an EyeMed Vision Care participant and give the provider the patient's name and date of birth to verify coverage.
3. Pay the $10 exam copay when you meet with the provider. If you are fitted for glasses, you may also select frames during this visit or go to another network provider.
4. Pay the materials copay to the network provider who orders your glasses or contacts (plus any amounts not covered).
That's it. You don’t need to file a claim when you receive care from network providers.
If you choose an out-of-network provider:
1. Make an appointment with any licensed provider.
2. Pay the full cost at the appointment.
3. Submit your itemized receipts with the patient's name and date of birth to EyeMed Vision Care.
4. Receive reimbursement according to the schedule of benefits.