How can I save money on prescription drugs?
To keep your costs down, you should:
• Use in-network pharmacies
• Ask your doctor to prescribe generic drugs or drugs that are on the preferred drug list
• Use the mail service or Smart90 retail partners for maintenance prescriptions
• Use a health care flexible spending account (FSA) when appropriate
Using the healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) can save you money. If you’re taking maintenance medications, you can estimate:
• The cost of seeing your primary care physician (PCP) or specialist at least once a year
• The monthly or annual cost of the drug
This makes it easy to set aside pre-tax dollars in the healthcare FSA to pay yourself back for these costs.