If my health expenses are lower than my elected amount, why can't I change my contributions?

Posted by:

The Internal Revenue Code states that, once a participant enrolls for a specific pre-tax contribution amount, the participant can’t change the amount unless he or she has a qualified family status change. More information about family status changes is available here.