Summer Update II
Summer Update II
Dear Parents and Guardians,
My name is Chung Ying, the newly appointed school principal. I hope you all had a great summer. My summer went by in the blink of an eye because learning about our school feels like two jobs and a half.
First, I want to thank you for your patience. I know many parents were anxious about not receiving school updates during the summer. As my team and I are gaining more access to our system, we will provide updates more frequently. School Messenger offers a service to send emails to all parents at once. Our office staff and I did not have access to that feature until today, which is why I have not been able to communicate with you via email.
Below is a quick update on what’s happening in our school and other important information:
1. We are spending the next two weeks working with teachers on team building and professional development. Follow me on Twitter (@MIMS_Principal) for picture updates.
2. If you have recently moved, please update your address. Come to school next week during normal business hours, bring a copy of your utility bill or lease agreement, and we will be able to update your address. Please note that we need your current address to put you on the correct bus route.
3. Upcoming events (check the calendar on our website for most current updates)
Meet and Greet the Teachers and Staff 4:00 to 6:00 - Come on by to meet the wonderful teachers and staff here at MIMS. We will officially release the class rosters on the window. Note: MIMS will host an OPEN HOUSE where parents will be able to visit their child's classroom and hear from the teacher. Open House date TBD
First day of school – Traffic is usually heavy on the first day of school. We suggest you leave the house early.
4. If you wish to volunteer in our school, please go to HISD website, search for VIPS (volunteers in public schools), and sign up.
5. New parents:
a. Our school hours are 8:30 AM (doors open at 8:05) to 3:50 PM. We anticipate heavy traffic in the first few weeks of school.
b. For your convenience, I have attached the uniform policy in this email.
c. All students receive free breakfast and lunch in school.
d. Please do join us at the Meet and Greet on Thursday, 8/22/19 – our teachers are looking forward to meeting you.
6. Class roster – We will post class roster in our school on Wednesday, 8/21/19.