Weekly Updates - April 7th, 2020
Weekly Updates - April 7th, 2020
I hope you and your family are well and healthy. Please see the following for my mid-week update.
- I will be making a morning announcement to all MIMS students next Monday, 4/13/20 at 8:30 AM. Your child(ren) has already been invited to my virtual morning announcement via Teams. If you and your child have no access to Teams, you may still join us with this link. You don’t need Microsoft Teams to watch. If you aren’t available at that time, we will record the message and send you a link at a later date.
- Transportation survey. If your child(ren) needs to take school bus in the 2020-2021 school year, please complete this survey.
- Would you like to be more involved at MIMS? We need YOUR help! The PTO is looking for more parents to get involved. We welcome everyone’s help. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Speaking of PTO, as you may have heard from Nhi, we will be cancelling our April general meeting, and further, will need to postpone elections for next year’s board until the beginning of next school year.
- Do you know anyone in distress during this difficult time? Here is a link to lots of resources that’ll help families get through this tough time.
- HISD has designated next week, April 13-17, as Virtual Spirit Week to celebrate our new distance learning and add a little fun to the daily curriculum. Each day will be designated with a different theme, and everyone is invited to take part in the daily challenge.
As you participate in the daily activities, take photos or short videos and share them on your social media accounts using the hashtag #HISDSpiritWeek. The idea is to flood social media with positive learning activities to create a sense of community, school spirit, and inclusivity. Here is the schedule:
Monday, April 13: Move-it Monday
It’s important to keep moving while staying home. It could be dancing, yoga, walking or running or participating in a virtual fitness class. What’s your P.E. routine? Share a photo or short video of your activity.
Tuesday, April 14: Career Day
Think about your future and picture yourself in your dream job. Do you want to be an astronaut, a doctor, a teacher or a scientist? Dress up and share a photo of yourself dressed for your career of choice.
Wednesday, April 15: Whatcha Reading Wednesday
What’s on your current reading list? Share a photo of your book or a video of yourself reciting a favorite passage.
Thursday, April 16: College Colors Day
No matter your age, it’s important to start thinking about college. It could be a college that your brother, sister, parent or teacher attended – or a college you’ve already been accepted to attend! Dress in the colors of that school or wear a college T-shirt and share your photo.
Friday, April 17: Fine Arts Friday
This is your day to be creative! Draw or paint a picture, sing a song, play an instrument, or read a poem. Share with your fellow students how you are expressing your creativity at home with a photo or short video.
Don’t forget to share your photos and videos on social media each day, using the hashtag #HISDSpiritWeek, and we will share your posts on the district’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. Thanks for participating, and Happy Virtual Spirit Week!