Lamar's Uniform Policy
Lamar Uniform Policy
All Lamar students are required to adhere to the uniform policy. The policy includes extra-curricular uniforms which may require additional clothing to be in compliance.
- Students must wear a uniform white or navy blue polo shirt with “LAMAR IB” embroidery at all times. These items may be purchased in the school store.
- Undershirts, if worn, must be white.
- Students with tattoos and henna markings with inappropriate or vulgar messages must ensure that they are covered and not visible.
- Approved Lamar spirit shirts may only be worn on Fridays.
Pants, Shorts and Skirts
- Students are required to wear khaki uniform slacks, khaki shorts, khaki uniform skirts. A plaid skirt option is available for purchase from Academic Outfitters. Note: These items may be purchased at any nearby uniform store or department store that sells standard school uniforms. These items must be uniform.
- All slacks, shorts, and skirts must be worn at the natural waist height and be of proper length. All must fit properly and may not be excessively loose or baggy.
- Black tights or leggings may be worn under skirts.
- All cold weather clothing such as jackets, sweaters, hoodies and sweatshirts must have the Lamar logo. Students who wear outerwear that does not have the Lamar logo will have their outerwear collected and held until the end of the school day.
- Students must wear shoes at all times.
- No slippers, house shoes, or shower shoes are allowed.
The following are prohibited:
- head coverings of any kind, with the exception of coverings related to religious or medical requirements;
- jewelry depicting or making references to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, vulgar or obscene language, sexual promiscuity, the occult, death, violence or gang-related activities;
- spiked dog collars, spiked bracelets, linked chains (for wallets or necklaces);
- teeth grills;
- hair rollers, metal rakes, and combs;
- expensive or irreplaceable jewelry should not be worn to school;
- Jeans, jean-like materials, or pants with outside decorative stitching or patch pockets are not permitted. Skinny or form fitted pants, spandex, yoga pants, and pajama bottoms are also not permitted.
- Alteration of the school uniform is not acceptable including, but not limited to, hemming or writing/painting on.
Please note: Violations of the Lamar dress code will result in disciplinary action. Depending on the number of dress code offenses and the gravity of the offense, discipline may range from Level I to a Level III offense within the Student Code of Conduct.