Ready Set Go Plan
Ready, Set, Go! Safety Plan
We know that in-person instruction is critical for high school age students and creating a safe environment for students to return to campus is our number one goal. To that end, strong mitigation strategies are critical. We need to support and cooperation of the entire Lamar community to make that happen.
Based on the District Ready, Set, Go! plan, Lamar will implement the following:
- Masks are required in al HISD schools, building and buses. Students who arrive without a mask will be provided with one. Students refusing to wear a mask will subject to disciplinary action.
- Students and staff are asked to monitor their health and stay home when sick.
- We will host a vaccination clinic on Saturday, August 21 for those 12 years and older.
- Follow guidance and protocols for confirmed, presumed and exposed individuals.
- Offer rapid COVID testing on campus to students and staff.
- Daily cleaning with nightly fogging with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer and soap available in all restrooms and throughout the school campus.
- Encourage physical distancing when space allows, with one-way stairs designated throughout the building to limit face-to-face contact.
- Encourage lunch in outside locations on campus and provide monitoring of seating arrangements to make contact tracing easier.
- Staff or students who test positive for COVID should contact the school nurse to report the positive test.
- Students who are quarantined or test positive will have access to temporary Online Learning through HISD. Documentation will be required, and there is a 20 day limit set by TEA. This process will be initiated by the campus nurse.
- HISD Transportation will return to normal service at full capacity. Students and drivers will be required to wear masks and assigned seating is required.
- Limit visitors to campus and required pre-scheduled appointments for entry.
- Competitions, practices and performances will continue with spectator seating at 50% capacity. Masks are required and social distancing is recommended.
- Gatherings and meetings will be held outside or virtually. Open House will be a virtual event.
- Closure Plan – We do not anticipate school closures, but if necessary, evaluations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You can find more information