Spring Final Exam Exemptions Updated Policy
Seniors: Final Examination Exemptions
To be exempted from final examinations in second (spring) semester, senior students must have:
- Senior (12thgrade) classification;
- 85 semester average or better in course;
- S or E conduct average; and
- No more than three (3) total unexcused absences*
Grade 9, 10 & 11 Final Exam Exemptions
To incentivize the daily attendance rate, eligible grade 9 students may be allowed one spring final exam exemption; two spring final exam exemptions may be allowed for eligible 10th and 11th graders.
To be eligible for final exam exemption the student must have:
- no more than three (3) unexcused absences* in any one course for the duration of the semester;
- an 85 or higher semester average in the specific course(s) where the final exam exemption is applied; and
- •S or E conduct average
Schools may, under the following conditions, exempt students in grades 9-12 from a final exam in college-level courses for which the students take an externally assessed national or international exam during that same semester. College-level courses are defined as Advanced Placement (AP) courses with corresponding College Board AP exams, International Baccalaureate (IB) courses with corresponding International Baccalaureate Organization SL2 and HL2 exams,
To qualify for this exemption, a student must
- sit for the corresponding college exam during the same semester of course enrollment; and
- have in the course an average of 85 or better; and
- three (3) or fewer total unexcused absences; and
- an “S” or better conduct average.
ATTENDANCE DURING FINAL EXAMS
A senior student who is awarded an exemption from any final exam must report to all classes for attendance purposed, including those with an exemption
Grades 9, 10 & 11
A student who is awarded an exemption must report to school for each exam period but will not be required to test. The student may use the period to review for another exam or read quietly.