One FIERCE Pathway; Two Roads to Success
All Eastwood Academy students begin their pathway with AP Computer Science Principles).
Freshmen will take AP Computer Science Principles.
- Class Wiki, gaming, design software and several key aspect of understanding the computer inside out.
Sophomores will take robotics.
- 10th grade students will learn about circuitry and programing through this course.
Junior year, students choose to specialize in either engineering or digital forensics.
- An adventure through several of the highest demanding job market careers.
- Explorations in aerodynamics, mechanical, industrial/construction and robotic engineering will allow students to Learn While Doing.
- Engineering logs, architectural scales, dimensional design wrapped in in critical thinking projects will enhance the high school learning experience.
- Senior year will challenge students to design and implement their personal area of interest culminating in a final project presentation.
- Industry partners will provide guidance as well as the opportunity to be certified in OSHA 30 safety.
- Cyber security and digital forensics teach real world skills to prepare students to face the 21st Century with relevant tools for success in a digital society.
- Learn to defend systems against hackers and malicious software.
- Practice skills in national competitions against hundreds of high school students from Canada and the United States.
- Students are placed in real world scenarios that allow them to be digital detectives and computer crime solvers.
- 80% of all white collar crime is digital, so this is a very high-end field in great demand. Computer forensic specialists can work for police, FBI, Department of Defense, lawyers, and as private investigators.