ATTENDANCE NOTE PROCEDURES
A note is required whenever a student does not attend school. The note will be used to determine if a student's absences is "excused" or "unexcused". Attendance is a vital part in determining if a student meets the required promotion standards.
Parent the absentee note needs the following information:
1. Full legal name of student. Please write both first and last name;
2. Exact date(s) the student was absent. Please do not write yesterday or last Tuesday;
3. Reason for the absence(s);
4. Parent’s/Guardian's Signature and daytime phone number;
5. The notes need to be turned into the student’s teacher no later than three days after absence; and
6. The school will maintain absentee notes in a permanent file.
Compulsory School Attendance Law (TEC. Sec. 25.085):
Requires all students in PreK and Kindergarten as well as children between the ages of 6 and 17 years of age to be in school or a parent can be subject to a $500 fine plus court cost.