- Serves 635 culturally and economically diverse students.
- Houses an on-site after school care program.
- Offers Balanced Literacy, Everyday Mathematics, Flexible Seating, IB Primary Years Programme, IIM Research, Inquiry Lab, Kagan Structures, Library Services, Name That Book, Physical Education 2x per week, Safety Patrol, Sanford Harmony Social and Emotional Learning, Science Lab, Spanish, STEAM, Student Leadership, Chess Club, UIL Competitors and Visual and Performing Arts.
- Dyslexia Services, TREK- Autism
-Values rich traditions and alumni.Our Mission
River Oaks Elementary School develops extraordinary learners through an International Baccalaureate Years Programme of Inquiry so that children may explore and think for themselves in real-life contexts. We offer authentic learning experiences within a transdisciplinary framework. We teach conceptually and afford students agency through choice, voice and ownership. For our early learners, we view play as the primary driver of inquiry, and we recognize that children are born naturally curious.Core Beliefs
- have the right to develop their gifts and talents,
- benefit from project-based learning that fosters creativity and innovation; and
- deserve enrichment opportunities that stimulate intellectual, physical, and creative growth.
The learning community:
- plays a vital role in the success of our school;
- thrives in a culture of mutual respect; and
- embodies the ten attributes of the IB Learner Profile: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Our 2020-2021 Accomplishments
-Texas Honor Roll
-Imagine Learning School of Excellence in Mathematics
-School Choice Leadership Award 2020
-10/10 Great Schools Rating
-Ranks in the 99th percentile in Houston and Texas' Top Performing Schools
-Earned "A" letter grade from the Texas Education Agency with five distinctions
-Children at Risk Rank A+ School, #2 in HISD, #9 in Houston Area
-IB World School Authorization est. 2005
ROE FAMILY HANDBOOK FOR ALL PARENTS - Please view the ROE Family Handbook for school information on arrival, dismissal and all other operational policies and procedures by clicking here.