Become a registered volunteer at J. P. Henderson Elementary. Once you become a registered volunteer you will be able to:
- Enjoy field trips with your child
- Help out during carnivals and festivals
- Participate in class room events
- Provide other support
How can you become a volunteer?
All aspiring volunteers need to register online and pass a criminal background check. Please follow the steps below.Step 1
Register online at https://www.houstonisd.org/vipslogin
After going through the registration process you must go in person to the main office and provide proof of identification such as:
- Texas Driver’s License
- Official Passport
- Texas Identification Card
- Official U. S. Military ID
- Driver’s License (issued by any state in the U.S.)
- Matricula Consular
- Identification Card (issued by any state in the U.S.)
- Resident Alien Card
Identification information will be inserted into the database system and will be processed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Criminal background check will take from 2-3 weeks to complete.
Once you are CLEARED then you are eligible to volunteer.