It is with great pleasure that I welcome you and your child to an exciting year John E. Codwell Elementary School of Fine Arts and Physical Development. Please know that the safety of every student and employee is my first priority. We thank you for being patient as we implement new safety protocols on campus. As we approach the new school year, I would like to you make you aware of some school happenings.
- Until further notice, our schoolwide events will be virtual. I encourage you to join in with us during our many virtual events.
- Campus visitation will be limited to invitation only. All parent meetings will be held virtually until further notice.
- Each Friday you will receive the Codwell Chronicle. This parent newsletter will keep you informed of the school activities and reminders. The newsletter will be shared with parents via Class Dojo.
- Student report time will be from 7:30 am – 3:00 pm daily. Students will be considered tardy after 7:35 am.
- We will continue to host monthly Coffee with the Principal. However, the meetings will be virtual. This will give you an opportunity to hear about school improvement directly from me.
- Please follow and like us on all social media platforms such as FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- We will begin another exciting year as a The Leader In Me School. We are looking to moving towards being a Lighthouse School and can only do it with your support. This innovative approach to teaching leadership to students will be a key component in building social and emotional skills for Codwell students, staff and community.
I look forward to welcoming all parents and stakeholders this year as we embark upon a great year here at Codwell. We are glad you and your student are members of the Codwell community and look forward to a wonderful year.