My name is John Kimble, and I am excited about being the next Principal of John E. Codwell Elementary. It is evident that Codwell has a sense of community and a constant drive for excellence. It is truly a privilege to have the torch passed on to me from Dr. Kristi Love. She has truly built a strong foundation here at Codwell.
My goal is to ensure this foundation becomes even stronger by enhancing our instructional practices and enrichment activities to increase student achievement. I want to ensure that our fine arts programs are strong and visible in the community and our scholars are connected to secondary fine arts programs here in the district just in case they choose to continue to build their craft.
As we approach the new school year, I would like to you make you aware of some school happenings.
- Each Friday you will receive the Codwell Chronicle. This parent newsletter will keep you informed of the school activities and reminders. The newsletter will be shared with parents via Class Dojo.
- Student report time will be from 7:30 am – 3:00 pm daily. Students will be considered tardy after 7:35 am.
- We will continue to host monthly Coffee with the Principal. This will give you an opportunity to hear about school improvement directly from me.
- Please follow and like us on all social media platforms such as FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- We will begin another exciting year as a The Leader In Me School. We are looking to moving towards being a Lighthouse School and can only do it with your support. This innovative approach to teaching leadership to students will be a key component in building social and emotional skills for Codwell students, staff and community.
I look forward to getting to know and working with all the school community members, scholars, professors, parents, and business partners. Ill see you soon!