Welcome to Valley West Elementary!

    You must have everything with you on the day of registration. 


    Zoned Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year

    Please note you must bring in all the required documents during registration.  Incomplete or partial documents will not be accepted. Documents may not be emailed to complete registration.

    For questions, please contact Elizabeth Mendez at Elizabeth.Mendez@houstonisd.org

    Registration Check List

    • The home residence is zoned to Valley West Elementary. Use the Find Your School tool here.

    • Students enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st in the year of enrollment.  This is a State Law and there are no exceptions to this law.  

    All of the following are required for Registration:

    -A total of 1 bill is required.  (i.e Electricity, Gas, Water) Showing residential service with the name and address of the resident. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead will suffice.

     -Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD) statement showing Homestead Exemption for the current year or Warranty Deed if you recently purchased your home.

     - Lease Agreement (if applicable) If you are currently leasing a home or apartment the lease must list all occupants living in the home including all children.  Please bring the entire typed lease agreement. All lease agreements are subject to verification.

    -Current driver's license of the parent showing the same address as the required documentation above.  International families must provide a current passport as identification.

     - Birth Certificate - Original state-issued birth certificate required.

     - Immunization records including all of the following required by the State of Texas:  

    Immunizations must be translated in English by a licensed non-custodial medical professional 

    *DPT series - 5 doses, last booster after the fourth birthday (4 doses if 4th given after 4th birthday)

    *Polio series - 4 doses, last booster after the fourth birthday (3 doses if 3rd given after 4th birthday)

    *MMR - 2 doses given after the first birthday

    *Hepatitis B - 3 doses

    *Hepatitis A – 2 doses, first dose received after the first birthday

    *Varicella - 2 doses, (or certification from a parent that the child has had the disease)


    -Social Security card (optional - if the student has SS#)


    -In cases of divorced parents, provide documentation if both parents do not have equal custodial rights to the child while at school.

    - Students enrolling in kindergarten through 5th grade need the last report card or withdrawal paperwork from the previous school and the address of the previous school so that complete records can be requested. All records must be translated into English.  This includes preschool reports.