Procedural Guidelines for COVID-19
Procedural guidelines for COVID-19
HISD students and employees must immediately notify the school nurse, principal, and immediate supervisor of any exposure, presumed, or confirmed positive COVID-19 case.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Feeling feverish or temperature greater than 100.0
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Nausea or vomiting
Students/employees must quarantine at home if:
- Fever 100 or over
- Have a loss of taste or smell.
- Are confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- Display classic symptoms of COVID-19 (see above symptoms).
- Live with someone who is COVID-19 positive or presumed positive.
- Have been notified to be a close contact of either a presumed or confirmed COVID-19 positive person.
- Awaiting COVID-19 results.
Quarantine/Isolation time frame:
- 5 days for confirmed cases with or without symptoms
- 5 days for presumed COVID-19 (individuals with one or more symptoms), but may return to school/work once tested negative for COVID and cleared by a physician.
- 5 days for exposure to a presumed or confirmed positive case if having symptoms. 5 days if asymptomatic but will need a negative COVID-19 test on the 5th day after the last exposure. Vaccinated individuals not having symptoms do not need to quarantine.
Please contact Nurse Gemma if you have any questions/concerns.