Here at Askew Elementary my mission is to lead, advocate, and collaborate with other school professionals for the mental, social, amd academic well-being of our students. I provide continued support for parents and school leaders to ensure All-Star academic achievement.
What does a school counselor do?
- Counsels individually with children
- Teaches monthly guidance lessons to ensure social and emotional development
- Consults as an advocate for children with parents, teachers, and school leaders
- Conducts small group sessions
- Assist with referrals for additionals school services for our community
- Coordinates and plans special activities, events, and presentations of our students' social, emotional, and academic success
How do I see the counselor?
- Request of the counselor
- Parent referral
- Aministrative referral
- Teacher or staff referral
Student Referral - students wanting to "visit" with the school counselor should submit a referral form. Student may request visits to address specific concerns that may hinder their academic performance and/or special situations that impair their daily functioning.
Parents, I can help you with
- Exploring ways to help your child mange anger and/or anxiety
- Improve parent-child communications
- Referrals for community resources
- Understanding the developmental changes of childhood through adolescence
- Providing information on age appropriate social emotional development.