Bruce Fine Arts School Arrival & Dismissal Details
- All students will have a temperature screening upon entering the building
- Screeners will wear masks and gloves while screening
- HISD employees and partners will have filled out their daily Axiom app
- Elevated temperatures or symptomatic persons will be held and screened by the nurse
- Masks will be provided at the entrance stations for those that do not have one
- Staff will line hallways to direct and assist students to their classrooms.
- Students that display unexplained Covid-19 like symptoms will wait in the Student Health Isolation Pod until a parent can pick them up.
- All staff and students will wear masks throughout the day while on campus
- Parents can only change the mode of transportation by submitting a written request to the front office. This must be completed no later than 11:30 a.m. daily.
- To ensure the safety of ALL student's verbal request will be not permitted.
- Early Dismissal will not be permitted after 2:00 p.m. Please arrive before 2:00 p.m. for all Early Release Request.
- All staff and students shall wear masks throughout the day while on campus.
- At 2:50 p.m. Car Riders will be called to the Cafeteria; students will be seated at no less than 3ft apart with their car group.
- At 2:55 p.m. Bus Riders will be called to the Magnet POD, students will be seated no less than 3ft apart with as they wait to load their bus.
- 3:00 p.m. Back Door Walkers will be called to the 5th grade POD, students will be seated no less than 3ft apart as they await dismissal at the back gate.
- Walkers will be verified by roster by the classroom monitor before leaving the grade level pod.
- Walkers will be verified again by roster upon entering the 5th grade pod to await the dismissal bell.
- Walkers will be verified one last time before being released from the back gate.
- Students will be released from the back gate on Gillespie St. Backdoor walkers will be released at the gate in waves to ensure we are keeping scholars safe and controlling traffic.
Please follow the Backdoor Walker Checklist:
- To ensure all scholars are safe PK/K – 1st scholars will not be allowed to walk home alone. These scholars can only walk if they are with a VERIFIED sibling. Assigned administrators and teachers will monitor the exit gate to ensure that all scholars in PK – 1 are accompanied by an older sibling or the parent.
- Group 1 Sibling Pairs will exit the gate on Gillespie at 3:00 p.m.; at 3:03 p.m. Group 2 Sibling Pairs will be released, followed by Single Walkers Grades 2-5 at 3:06 p.m.
- Teacher monitors will be stationed at the back gate on Gillespie and the Park to transition students to the crossing guard for safety.