Mr. Lira’s Algebra 2 Modified Class
Welcome to Algebra, This courseis a beginning Algebra course with focus on applications, problem solving and skills proficiency. It emphasizes algebraic skills for equation solving, word problems,data exploration and analysis, graphing, proportional reasoning, linear equations, systems of equations, exponents and exponential models, functions, quadratic models, transformations and probability and an introduction to polynomials.
Students are expected to practice the previously learned concepts and working on a regular basis to learn new concepts.
Keep in touch with me on a regular basis about difficulties.
Work on assignments seriously and be prepared to ask questions when the assignment is reviewed .Paying full attention in class, taking good notes and reviewing them daily.
1. The students will come to class prepared.
3. Students will raise their hand and receive permission before speaking up in class.
4. Before leaving class, students will be expected to clean and straighten their work area.
5. The students will treat others and the teacher with respect and courtesy.
6. The students will refrain from eating, drinking, and personal grooming in class.
7. Please stay on task at all times during class
8. If you don’t have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all..
9. Cheating in any kind will result in 0 on the assignment.
(2) Student/Teacher conference
(3) Parent notified
(4) Referral to Counselor
(5) Referral to Assistant Principal
Daily Assignments – 50%
Class Participation* – 25%
Tests and Quizzes - 25%
At the end of each lesson students will be assessed by a quiz and a test at the end of each chapter.
Students will be administered Benchmarks exams to track student progress.
**Participation includes being prepared for class; participate in discussions, and follow classroom and school rules