Mr. Lira’s Reading Modified Class
Welcome to Reading, ThisReading course introduces students to the major genres, themes, and approaches that they will encounter throughout high school. Students will understand and use different skills and strategies to read for a variety of purposes.
Students are expected to practice the previously learned concepts and working on a regular basis to learn new concepts.
Keep in touch with me on a regular basis about difficulties.
Work on assignments seriously and be prepared to ask questions when the assignment is reviewed .Paying full attention in class, taking good notes and reviewing them daily.
1. The students will come to class prepared.
3. Students will raise their hand and receive permission before speaking up in class.
4. Before leaving class, students will be expected to clean and straighten their work area.
5. The students will treat others and the teacher with respect and courtesy.
6. The students will refrain from eating, drinking, and personal grooming in class.
7. Please stay on task at all times during class
8. If you don’t have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all..
9. Cheating in any kind will result in 0 on the assignment.
(2) Student/Teacher conference
(3) Parent notified
(4) Referral to Counselor
(5) Referral to Assistant Principal
Daily Assignments – 50%
Class Participation* – 25%
Tests and Quizzes - 25%
At the end of each lesson students will be assessed by a quiz and a test at the end of each chapter.
Students will be administered Benchmarks exams to track student progress.
**Participation includes being prepared for class; participate in discussions, and follow classroom and school rules