DeChaumes Dress Policy
The DeChaumes Dress Policy states that a student’s clothing or appearance should never distract from school activities or be a hazard to the student’s safety or the safety of others. Students must be in uniformed dress from the first day of school through the last day of school. This policy is intended to promote a positive self-image and good conduct by eliminating distractions and disruptions to the daily educational process.
- White or green shirt- NO tank tops, muscle shirts or spaghetti straps (tucked in at all times)
- Navy or Khaki bottoms- shorts, skorts, and skirts must come to the knee
- Shoes- must have soft soles, closed toes and backs (hard soled shoes, boots, and sandals are not permitted). Laces must be completely laced. Socks or tights must be worn with shoes.
- No caps, hats, or sweatbands inside the school.
- Oversized/Undersized clothing will not be allowed.
- No item bearing offensive language, tobacco, drugs, alcohol or gang insignia will be allowed.
- No make-up or fingernail polish/ no hazardous jewelry (example- dangling earrings)
- Solid colored white, blue, or green sweatshirts, sweaters and windbreakers may be worn over uniformed dress. Uniform colors do not apply to coats or cold weather jackets worn during cold weather months.
- All sweatshirts, sweaters, windbreakers, coats, and weather jackets must be a solid color: no logos