Vanguard Neighborhood Program
The Gifted and Talented program at Browning Elementary School is called the Vanguard Neighborhood Program. Our program serves all students that attend the school whether you live in our attendance zone or attend on a transfer. The program is identical in admission standards, teacher qualifications, depth, complexity, and differentiated instruction as the Magnet Vanguard Programs. Criteria for admission is based on the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students.
How to Apply
For those zoned to Browning:
- Complete the Application for Entering Kindergarten G/T Testing - Vanguard Neighborhood Elementary School Programs for 2015-2016.
- Return the application to Browning by TBD.
- IB/GT/Magnet Coordinator will contact you for a testing date, once all documents have been received. Testing will be done at Harvard.
For students currently enrolled in Grades K-5
- ALL Kindergarten and 5th grade students are tested for G/T services in the fall of the school year. Results are available in late March 2015.
- Parents of students in grades 1-4 may recommend their child to the classroom teacher or IB/GT/Magnet Coordinator
for testing in January 2015. Teachers may also recommend students for testing. Results will be available in late March 2015.