Degrees and Certifications:
Texas Southern University Bachelor of Science Stephen F. Austin University Master of Science in Education Prairie View A & M University Master of Arts in Counseling
Ms. Rhonda G. Harris, Professional School Counselor
Hello, I am Rhonda Harris, the school counselor at Fonville Middle School. I am available to help you and your child have a successful school year.
My vision is to help children help themselves to become better learners, and provide a safe non-judgmental place for children to express their feelings.
As a school counselor I work with parents and students in many ways through a program of many services. Each service is aimed at helping children learn and develop to their highest potential.
Some of the services in the School Program are:
· Guidance lessons to help children learn how to get along with others.
· Individual sessions to help children adjust to school.
· Groups to help children learn how to study.
· Conferences for parents to learn about their children’s progress in school.
· Groups for parents to learn ways to communicate with their children.
These are a few of the services I offer you and your child. If you have questions or wish to see me about your child please call the school or send an e-mail. The best time to reach me is between 7:30-3:00.