SHARED DECISION-MAKING COMMITTEE (SDMC)
A Shared Decision-Making Committee (SDMC) shall be established on each campus to assist the principal. The committee shall meet for the purposes of implementing planning processes and site-based decision making in accordance with Board policy and administrative procedure.
The committee is an advisory group to the school principal except for approval of
campus staff development. The committee must outline procedures for addressing the
areas of involvement listed under Responsibilities, below and for decision making. The
principal will consult the SDMC in matters relating to the school educational program, but
the principal has the final authority in fiduciary and financial decisions.
The areas that require involvement of the SDMC are:
• Implementing all pertinent campus-level planning processes;
• Developing recommendations for the school budget;
• Submitting recommendations for the school curriculum;
• Recommending changes in the school’s staffing patterns;
• Developing and approving the campus staff development plans;
• Developing, reviewing, and revising the School Improvement Plan (SIP) for the
purpose of improving student performance for all student populations. After the
principal approves the SIP, the SDMC will present the plan to the school-based
professional staff for a vote of approval.
• Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the school’s organizational
• Establishing procedures to periodically obtain broad-based community, parent, and