ROBERT L. FROST ELEMENTARY
CEDRIC STARKS, PRINCIPAL
SCHOOL -PARENT COMPACT
Robert L. Frost Elementary, and the parents of the student’s participation in activities, services, and program funded by Title I, Part A of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) (participating children), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
This school-parent compact is in effect during the 2020-2021 school year.
The Frost Elementary Staff will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that supports children in meeting the State’s student academic achievement standards.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s academic and behavioral progress. In each classroom we will provide progress reports through Parent/Teacher conferences, samples of student work, updates on reading, writing and math assessments. We will initiate a parent contact at the first signs of a pattern of behavior that interferes with student learning.
- Set high expectations for staff, students and parents by ensuring challenging curriculum, implementing programs target at increasing student achievement and committing to recruit, retain, and train qualified staff. Also, highlight/prepare ways that the parent can advance the learning environment at home.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Teachers may be contacted through phone or written request to meet on their specified conference time. Alternative times beyond school hours may be arranged directly with the teacher.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as defined by grade level teams or Parent Teacher Association (PTA) commitments.
Frost Elementary Parents will:
- Establish routines to support my child’s success in school:
- appropriate bedtime
- monitor attendance
- homework & reading
- grooming & hygiene
- Communicate the significance of success in school & its relationship with success in life.
- Provide a volunteer time to the school during the school year.
- Ensure that my child attends school on a regular basis and arrives at school on time.
- Make sure that my child’s homework is completed and returned to school on time.
- Stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding as appropriate.
Frost Elementary students will:
- Attend school regularly and arrive at school on time
- Complete all daily homework and return it to school on time.
- Be responsible for giving my family members all information sent home from school.
- Consistently plan a portion of every day for a period of 30 minutes reading time.