Ms. Lucile Gregg was a well respected HISD teacher and former Principal of Southmore Elementary. In 1930, Southmore was renamed by the HISD Board of Trustees to Henry F. MacGregor. "Miss Lucie" (as she was affectionately known) was honored in the renaming of the school library. It was dedicated to "Miss Lucie" for her love of reading and her service in HISD.
Lucile Gregg Elementary School was built in 1954 in her honor. A brand-new replacement facility was completed in 2011 as part of the 2007 bond.