HISD allows each individual campus to establish its own dress code or uniform policy. The goal of a dress code is to ensure that students stay focused on learning and to create a positive and safe environment. We appreciate parent and student support in upholding our dress code. Violations of the dress code policy may result in disciplinary action. Please note that our school administration has the final authority for decisions regarding the dress code. Please click here to see our uniform requirements.
LYONS STUDENT DRESS CODE
In order to maintain high standards, create an atmosphere conducive to learning and promote good grooming habits, the following guidelines have been agreed upon:
- Students should be fully clothed, neat, and clean at all times.
- Students must wear shoes for their own safety and protection.
Thongs, slippers, flip-flops, house shoes, sandals, heelys, and
high heels are not appropriate.
TENNIS SHOES MUST BE WORN ON P. E. DAYS.
- Overalls must be worn with straps on the shoulder and a shirt underneath.
- Mini-skirts and mini-dresses are unacceptable. Skirts/skorts
length must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Pants and shorts should have “pinching room”; that is, they should not be skin tight. Leggings and bicycle shorts may not be worn. Shorts must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- T-shirts, tops, blouses, shirts, etc. must be free of inappropriate graphics, pictures, and wording/language. Clothing with mesh/net that exposes midriff or back is not permissible
- Hair must be neat, clean and well-groomed. No hats, hairnets,
rollers, caps, hoodies or head coverings will be worn inside the building or classrooms.
- Items of value (sentimental or monetary) should not be
brought to school. Administration and staff will NOT investigate
reports of lost or stolen jewelry, phones, electronic games or devices.
IN THE EVENT DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS ARE NOTED:
* STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO CLASS.
* PARENTS WILL BE CALLED TO BRING APPROPRIATE CLOTHING.