Welcome to your School Counselor Webpage!
I am a school counselor and Licensed Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist Assistant. I have been in education for the last five years and have accumulated experience in elementary and middle school. Prior to working as a school counselor, I was an ESL special education teacher.
My aspiration for integrating social emotional learning and mindfulness has led me down the path of practicing yoga and currently enrolled in a yoga & mediation instructor program. My favorite hobbies and practices include kundalini yoga, vinyasa yoga, and running with nature surrounding me.
I am excited to be your school counselor at Baylor College of Medicine Biotech Academy at Rusk. It’s a privilege serving and providing services to students, parents, teachers, and staff. Please check the website for counseling resources.
“Eagles Soar Because They Always Focus on Their Goals”
- School Counselors are advocates, leaders, collaborators and consultants who help create systematic change by providing equitable educational access and success by connecting their school counseling program to the school’s vision and mission improvement plan.
- School counselors do not diagnose, but remain acutely aware of how a students’ diagnosis can potentially affect their academic success. In addition, the school counselor maintains a vested interest with the student’s academic, career, and social/emotional needs in order to encourage each student to reach their fullest potential.
- School counselors promote ethical and legal standards regarding confidentiality and the appropriate rationale and procedures for disclosure of student data and information to school staff.
- Counselors inform students of the purposes, goals, techniques and rules of procedure under which they may receive counseling. Disclosure includes informed consent and clarification of the limits of confidentiality. Please be aware that even though attempts are made to obtain informed consent, it is not always possible within the school constraints. When needed, school counselors make counseling decisions on the student’s behalf that promote the student’s welfare.
Comprehensive Data-Informed Program
- School counselors collaborate with administration, teachers, staff and decision makers around school improvement goals.
- Use data to determine needed interventions, which are then delivered to help close the information, attainment, achievement and opportunity gaps.
- Any student, parent, teacher or administrator can set up an appointment with the school counselor. There are several ways to do this ranging from: walk-ins, counselor referral form, online form, or emailing. For further questions please email to: email@example.com