Registration/TransfersThe Registrar’s Office is located in the main office. During the school year, the office is open for new student registration from 8:00 – 10:00 AM, Monday - Friday. We do, however, close during testing and holidays. In addition, there are special registration times offered at the beginning of each semester and over the summer; please check the school calendar or contact the Registrar’s Office at 713-613-2200.SCHOOL ATTENDANCE ZONES
Most schools have specifically defined attendance zones that include residential areas that each school serves. On the basis of a student's home address, HISD assigns each student to a "feeder pattern" composed of a specific elementary, middle, and high school.
To determine which schools serve your residence, use the online "School Zone Search Tool" or call the Student Transfer Department at 713-556-6734 or the HISD Information Center at 713-556-6005.
If a Scarborough student wants to transfer to another HISD school, the child’s parent or guardian must complete the Application for Student Transfer and deliver it to Silvia Rivera in the main office.
If a student wishes to withdraw from Scarborough, he or she should contact Silvia Rivera in the main office, or call 713-613-2200.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION – REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
In order to enroll at Scarborough High School, a student MUST:
- Be zoned to Scarborough High School OR must have an approved transfer to Scarborough High School
- Have a parent or legal guardian (as appointed by the courts) accompany the student. Legal documents must be provided in situations involving divorce and/or legal guardianship. Parents will be asked to provide a valid Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport or State ID.
The following original documents and are required by the State of Texas and HISD and must be presented at the time of enrollment:
1. Proof of Address of parent or court appointed guardian.
- If living in a house: If living in a house: the most recent electric, gas or water bill which shows both the service address and the billing address. Each document must be in the student parent/guardian name.
- If living in an apartment: a current lease naming the parent/guardian and student as residents.
2. Proof of Student’s Age Identity.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card if available.
3. Immunization/Vaccination Record – students cannot enroll or attend school if their immunizations are not up to date.
- DPT/DT - 3 doses required with last dose after age 4 and 1 Tdap within 10 years.
- Polio (oral) 4 doses required, with last dose after age 4
- MMR (rubella, rubeola, mumps) 2 doses required, 1st dose after age 1
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses required.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) 1 dose on or after 1st birthday, 2nd dose required if 1st dose was after age 13 yrs, 2 doses required for 9th and 10th graders. If history of illness, no vaccine of varicella required.
- Meningitis – one dose required.
4. School Records
- A final report card with promotion status from this past school year is required of incoming 9th graders.
- If the student will be a 10th-12th grader, a copy of an unofficial transcript is necessary.
- If the unofficial transcript is not available at registration, the student will be placed into 9th grade until the transcript can be produced.
- Special Education papers/ARD records if applicable.
- If registering during the school year, withdrawal papers and withdrawal grades, along with current report card from previous school are required.
- Students from other countries must provide school records from each year of secondary school beginning with year 8. These records must be translated and will be reviewed by TEA’s Federal & State Records Dept. before the student is allowed to enroll.
Although you may have submitted some of the above documents with applications to other school programs, you must have the above required documents with you or you will not be allowed to register. It is not the obligation of the school administration to obtain these documents for you.Please contact the school at 713.613.2200 for more information on how to register at Scarborough High School.