Where Can I Get Immunizations?
HISD is committed to supporting student immunization needs. If your student still needs to complete their required vaccinations, please do so this Saturday, November 4th!
HISD is partnering with the Houston Health Department to offer free vaccinations to students on the following dates:
Saturday, November 11th at:
- Sharpstown HS from 9AM-11AM*
- Fondren MS from 9AM-11AM*
*Please note that depending on volume of visitors, while registration will close around 11am, some families may be on site until as late at 6PM to due client volume. Please arrive early.
Parents, we strongly urge you to fill out the consent form prior to the event. Students with pre-consent will be given priority. Consents should be returned to your school nurse in advance of the event to help expedite processing time.
We have established bus hubs for the transportation of students and parents to and from the immunization sites. Buses start running at 8am and arrive at least every hour, depending on traffic to the vaccination site.
- Waltrip Bus Hubs: Lanier, Fonville, Pershing, & Forest Brook
- Chavez Bus Hubs: Lawson, Hartman MS, Sterling HS, & Thompson
- Sharpstown Bus Hubs: Tanglewood, Revere, Las Americas, Liberty, Daily
- Fondren MS Bus Hubs: Valley West, Westbury, Welch, Longfellow
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the immunization event, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated Health and Medical Services team at 713-556-7280.
Children 0 to 18 years of age who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible to receive free vaccines:
- Medicaid (the terms “Medicaid-eligible” and “Medicaid-enrolled” are the same),
- American Indian or Alaska Native, and
- Underinsured: A child who has health insurance, but the coverage does not include vaccines; a child whose insurance covers only selected vaccines (free vaccine eligible for non-covered vaccines only); or a child whose insurance has a fixed dollar limit or cap for vaccines (free vaccine eligible once fixed dollar amount or cap is reached).
Texas State Immunization Requirements
Please click the links below for detailed immunization information.