- In order to be eligible for HISD-ACP, an applicant must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and a four-year college degree from an accredited college or university and be able to supply official transcripts showing that a degree has been awarded.
- The applicant must also be eligible to work in the United States. Currently, according to HISD policy, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
Applicants with foreign transcripts:All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company and include a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA). A list of the evaluation companies is available on the State Board for Educator Certification(SBEC) website.*English language proficiency must be evidenced in one of the following ways:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in the US
- Satisfactory scores of the TOEFL-iBT exam must score at least a:
- 24 on the speaking section
- 22 on the listening section
- 22 on the reading section
- 21 on the writing section
- Information regarding this test can be found on the website or by calling (877)863-3546
Texas Education Agency (TEA) website