Alesander Olaizola, Principal
It is an honor to be the principal of Edison Middle School. As principal, my goal is to foster strong relationships not only with our students but also with teachers, parents, and the larger East End community. I look forward to fostering a school culture that inspires students, faculty, and staff members to reach their maximum potential.
Our goals at Edison MS consist of providing opportunities for students to increase academic performance, attract and retain an outstanding workforce, improve school climate and student engagement, and to foster community collaboration. We believe all our students deserve a quality education in which their individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported.
With ongoing and persistent support from our community members, parents, faculty and staff, I have no doubt that 2021-2022 is going to be an amazing year for all, particularly for our students! Edison MS has a kindred spirit and our school community always welcomes you. Your input, feedback, and support are always welcomed, and we never turn away a concern you may have.
With our school’s aim of having a greater emphasis on improving student’s academic outcomes, Edison MS will continue to encourage and support students in working to their full potential academically, socially and emotionally. In order to achieve these things, I have included several ways in which family members of our school community can work together with Edison's staff:
- Send your scholar to school every day on time.
- Make sure your child gets at least eight hours sleep each night.
- Establish a routine for studying. Give your child a quiet corner to read and regular time to do homework.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, apps, telephone, notes, or letters.
- Attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences.
- Celebrate your scholar’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem. This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work.
I am thrilled to be a part of a community where family members are visible and actively engaged, as well as an integral component of Edison MS. I am honored and privileged to lead a dynamic community where teachers and staff cultivate an environment where students achieve and believe in themselves and what happens here at Edison.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at 713.924.1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Partner in Education,