As we prepare for this week, I have taken the opportunity to meet with 8th Grade Teachers and been provided with input from other faculty to develop a disciplinary agreement, to establish the expectations of students who plan to participate in the 8th Grade Week Activities.
The following be expected of all students who plan to attend:
student will be allowed to attend, if they accumulate a total of 6 Detentions
in Semester II.
* To assist with tracking, all White copies of Detention Slip must be returned promptly to Mr. Turner. If White Copy is not provided, the Detention will not be tracked.
* Each Teacher’s Detentions counting towards the 6 maximum will be capped at 3, per student. In example, if a student gets 5 detentions from Teacher A, only 3 of the 5 will count towards the 6.
student will be allowed to attend, if they accumulate a total of 3, 4 0r 5
(Input Needed) Disciplinary Referrals.
* To assist with tracking, all Disciplinary Referrals will be tracked, whether they result in a suspension or not.
- No student will be allowed to attend, if they accumulate a total of 2 Detentions or Referrals for being “Out of Area”, which is defined as not being in the same common area as their peers, whether this results in a consequence (Detention or Suspension), or not.
- During the 8th Grade End of Year Activities, ALL STUDENTS who do not meet 2017-2018 Promotion Standards for 8th Grade, would have the opportunity to redirect their grades at the last minute. This “Intervention Plan” would consist of any make-up work that a Teacher allows, to assist in promotion. These students will be disqualified from partaking in some or all events, dependent upon their academic situation.
- No student will be allowed to attend, if they accumulate a total of 6 Detentions in Semester II.