The registrar’s Office is located in the main building on the first floor in room A106. Registration occurs Monday – Friday. During the summer please check the school calendar and or marquis for special registration times. For additional information please contact the registrar at 713-943-5700
Documents Needed to Register
1. Proof of address Utility Bill (Water bill, light bill, gas bill, land-line telephone bill), Lease in parent’s name or legal guardian’s name showing residence in the Stevenson Middle School attendance zone. If the parents and child are living with a family member or someone else, a copy of a bill of the person that they are living with is needed and the parent needs to complete a Statement of Residence Form and place the completed form in the enrollment packet. If the person enrolling the student is not the parent or legal guardian, then that person needs to go to HISD Student Transfer to complete a Determination of Residency of a Minor Form.
Parents can use the HISD “School Zone Search Tool’ or call the Student Transfer Department at 713-556-6734.
2. An Approved Transfer is needed if a student does not live in the Stevenson Middle School attendance zone. Transfer form may be picked up and completed in the main office. If the parent has secured an approved transfer or has started the transfer process for his/her child please informs the SMS registration staff of this during the registration process. The SMS staff will in turn verify the status of the transfer.
3. Picture ID of parent/legal guardian (A Current State Driver’s License, State ID with a Picture, Military ID or Passport)
4. School Records needed include Last Report Card & Transcript, Sp Ed or ARD papers if applicable and if registering during the school year Withdrawal Forms are needed if the student has been in attendance at any school for the current school year.
5. Proof of Student’s identity is the Birth Certificate of the student, Passport of the student enrolling, and/or Social Security Card of the student enrolling is needed.
6. Immunization Records of the student enrolling is needed showing immunization is up to date.
- DPT/DT - 3 doses required with last dose after age 4 and 1 within 10 years.
- Polio (oral) 4 doses required, with last dose after age 4
- MMR (rubella, rubeola, mumps) 2 doses required, 1st dose after age 1
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses required.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) 1 dose on or after 1st birthday, 2nd dose required if 1st dose was after age 13 yrs, or history of illness
Students interested in our magnet program please go to the Magnet Linkfor information.